Network and Server Engineer (Permanent)
Who are we?
Formed in 2003, ITS Digital is a company based in Hertford with customers ranging from home, business to NHS. We are a progressive company who focus on end-user support, offering the best and most efficient service we can. We have a close working team of engineers and support staff and pride ourselves on our customer relationships.
Why are we recruiting?
Due to increasing levels of business support, we are looking for keen and committed individuals to join our friendly IT support team. This position will be based in our Hertford office.
Are you suitable?
The ideal applicant is someone who enjoys IT in general, works well in a team and has a keen willingness to develop and learn new skills. The role will involve working closely with colleagues so good communication skills and politeness is highly important. The junior vacancy requires previous experience in a senior helpdesk role as minimum or a field engineer who wishes to progress to a network admin whilst the senior role needs to demonstrate a clear understanding of group policy creation, forest networking design and DFS across multiple sites.
These roles, like the infrastructure they deal with, are the backbone of the support we offer to public sector and private business. Candidates need to have a confident grip of server and networking best-practices and understand the importance of fast and efficient resolutions to the customers we support. The senior role comes with a wide remit which is created and developed by the individual employed for this role. In other words, the successful candidate has a strong say in policies and implementation for forest wide solutions. The junior post is essential support to the senior post where the successful candidate is willing to learn and develop from the very start. Both positions will report to existing sever and networking staff. We operate a relaxed pro-active environment looking to constantly improve on our support process to streamline and provide a better service to our customers.
Hours of work
9am to 5.30pm
The ideal applicant would have experience in the following:
- Experience of Windows Server 2008/2012
- Basic domain creation experience
- Intermediate knowledge of IP networking
- Basic of server configuration and building, hardware and software
- Able to diagnose and repair issues
- Basic understanding of backup solutions such as Acronis
- Basic understanding of wireless setups such as Cisco Meraki
- Highly experienced and confident working with Windows Server 2008/2012
- Skilled in Active Directory in both creation and repair of domains
- Knowledge of Windows Active Directory Forests
- In-depth knowledge of IP networking, routers, firewalls and VPNs
- Knowledge of server configuration and building, both hardware and software
- Ability to diagnose and repair faults within servers and networks
- Understanding of server backup solutions such as Acronis
- Experience in corporate wireless setups such as Cisco Meraki
- Project experience for network overhauls
- Understanding of DFS file structures
Given the nature of the role a driving license and car is a requirement for both junior and senior levels. Applicants need to be over 21 due to restriction on vehicle insurance.
Plus points for knowledge & experience:
- Cisco IOS experience (does not need to be CCNA certified)
- Office 365/Azure experience
- Experience with Wireless systems (e.g.. Draytek, Meraki, Ruckus)
- SIP/PBX systems
Salary & Benefits
Based on relevant experience, qualifications:
22k-32k per annum (across junior to senior roles)
All posts at ITS Digital are subject to a 6 month probation period with standard contract and terms being provided after this period.
ITS Digital also run a company pension plan that qualifies for auto-enrolment. Employees will be automatically enrolled.
In addition employees are enrolled into our employee health insurance plan after their first year of employment.
The holiday entitlement is 28 days including bank holidays accrued over the calendar year.
ITS Digital Ltd. is a stable progressive debt free company which currently employs 28 people. We have a low staff turnover in a relaxed friendly environment. As part of our commitment to staff, all employees are encouraged to progress through the company. We pride ourselves on having a great relationship with all our customers and provide good support in-house and in the field to all employees.
To apply, please send your C.V. to email@example.com